Showtune . . . onstage & off

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Somebody still thinks he's 22

Yep, it's me. Sadly, I am not anymore. "Recovery time" is getting longer and longer. Oh how I do love three day weekends. Due to Yom Kippur, yesterday was a holiday from work for me. Fortunately, being the practically perfect lad that I am, I had nothing to atone for. So, Sunday saw me once again on Peter Burke's tea cruise. I do love the first Sunday of the month. The sun was warm and bright, the baybreezes cold and refreshing and the entertainment hot, hot, hot. I have taken a liking to a certain go-go boy from the cruise. Actually, it started when I first saw him in August. Just yummy with a bum that won't quit! To protect the not-so-innocent, I will refrain from posting his picture (this time). Immediately following the cruise, my comrades and I headed to Voo Doo Lounge for the Sunday tea dance. More baybreezes and vodka/Redbulls followed. It was a wonderful day of partying!

Now, a responsible person would've used yesterday to recuperate and enjoy the lovely South Florida day we had. Nope, not me. The cocktails started flowing at Rosie's at 4pm (after a workout though) and I met a great bartender, Steve. Not only is he cute, but he's nice. Because he also works at China White on Wednesdays and Fridays, I have a command performance tomorrow night. I hope I can do it. 6am comes mighty early! Following my happy hour and a bite to eat, I went to visit my go-go boy and see him dance. Being a pool shark, he also whipped my butt in a game. After the humiliation I suffered, there was no chance of playing any more than one. Now if I could only get him to whip my butt in another manner. A girl's gotta dream, right? ;)

Nope, the body doesn't bounce back like it used to. But still, I am having such fun, so why stop just yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

Welcome to the club darling. We are mighty bunch but not as mighty as the old days.

See you VERY SOON!!!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home