Showtune . . . onstage & off

Friday, July 14, 2006

It seems everyone loves Broward


For some reason, Miami (Miami Beach, and moreso, South Beach, specifically) has some huge grudge against Fort Lauderdale (Broward County) and the citizens of Miami have this incredible superiority complex toward Broward County (Fort Lauderdale's) and its citizens. Well, about a year ago, when I first let it be known that I was planning on relocating from South Beach (Miami Beach in Miami-Dade County) to Broward County (the neighbor to the north), my dear friend Mrs. Astor said that I couldn't be serious about moving up there. I believe one phrase was, "That's where the elephants go to die."

Imagine my surprise when last evening, while sipping her ___teenth glass of red wine, our lovely New England aristocrat declared again (after first shocking me with the statement on Sunday) that she is considering heading up there herself!

Well, darling . . . either you're time has come and you're joining the great grey creatures or your chasing my tail up there. Hmmmmmmmm . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blazin blog!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Must you hold EVERYTHING I say against me?

which one is me?

6:17 PM  
Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Alexis in Broward? He'll have to find his passport and shot records first to exit Dade -- and I hid them.

So, I don't think so!

2:25 AM  
Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

showtune: she was drunk, show some mercy...

Astor: the one in the left....

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

OMG really? I am in shock right now! Someone get me a tequila - stat! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Officer Brian said...

I would hope she would come home before joining the elephants. She can't marry Ian in Fort Lauderdale ;)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

oh Brian... after my hih dosage of CORTIZONE in the last two months... I look like an elephant myself...

Showtune, I´m still waiting for that monday update yo promised two weeks ago...

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home