Showtune . . . onstage & off

Friday, July 28, 2006

MY FIRST VISITOR

(birds singing in the background, a soft breeze rustles the palms, Matty sips a mint julep)

"Madame, you have a visitor." "Really, Juan; I had not expected anyone today at my new home way up here in Ft. Lauderdale."

"Madame, I asked the fine lady's name and she replied, 'Just tell your mistress that I am a lady of great carriage and presence, immeasurable grace and demeanor, and sizable social magnitude"

"Oh, that must an elephant; invite Mrs. Astor in."

I wish I could take the credit for this, but the lady sent it to me in an email. Had to post it (with her permission) here . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Hahahaha. That's me. You bitch.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Mattie,

Did you officially move into your new place?!? CONGRATULATIONS! You are officially a homeowner! OMG I am sooooooo happy for you!!! I'll be down there soon and I hope we can all have a housewarming party!! I am so happy for you, you have no idea! Mazel-Tov as my people would say!!! :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

"my people"????
who are you?????
EVITA????????

6:22 PM  
Blogger My adventures said...

that's hysterical.....

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home