Showtune . . . onstage & off

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

THREE YEARS AND COUNTING

Yep, yesterday was three years to the day that I arrived in South Florida. Three years of ups and downs and ups and downs and a whole lotta in betweens. All in all, I am still thrilled to be living here. I don't miss the cold or the cement or the grit or grime or . . . of NYC. I've finally found my footing professionally and more or less personally. It's been quite a while since I last posted, but since then, I've moved into my new condo, done a little traveling and started a fantastic new job. It's all kept me quite busy and I must run now, but I wanted to do a short posting so that I would avoid another reprimanding from Mrs. Astor. I expect to head down to South Beach this weekend (it's rare that I'm there now). I don't miss the lack of parking, the cologen, the noise, the 24/7 spring break atmosphere and all of the reasons I left, but I do miss the Palace. Ah well . . . Tiffany reigns on Saturdays . . . perhaps a visit this coming . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

You had best be getting your fine self down to the old stomping grounds this Saturday, or I will be very unhappy (and you do know what that means -- no more Mr Nice-Guy). The champagne will be pouring like water and Alexis promises "special entertainment" --I shudder to think...

5:59 AM  
Blogger Showtune said...

I'LL BE THERE!!!! WOO HOO!

11:57 AM  
Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Very nice seeing you! It may have been 3 years, but you haven't aged a day...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Showtune said...

you're too sweet! Great to see you too. Congrats on the new job. Don't stay away too long.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home