Showtune . . . onstage & off

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Keep on truckin' . . .

I have driven I-95 from New York to and or from Florida 5 times and am on my sixth. I said after the last one (in a U-Haul truck and towing a car) that it was my last. Well, here I am again. After two days in Peekskill, NY, I headed to Richmond, VA yesterday and leave in a few moments to head south. I anticipate a stop in Savannah. This heat is crazy, yet I have one of Mrs. Astor's parasols and a cool, flowing frock to wear so it should be lovely. I do declah that t'nahhht I will rock on the verandah and sip a mint julip . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drive safe and sing LOUD!!!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Matt why the hell didn't you call me??? Peekskill is literally like *TEN* minutes from my house. Grrrrrr - you totally could have come over and I could have shown you embaressing high school pictures of Meri and myself, lol! Grrrr next time you are in Peekskill let me know!

I'll be in FL in 3 days and I sure as heck hope to visit your new place! I'm so happy for you, Mattie! Congrats on the new place!!! :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Showtune said...

Jesse,

My trip was a short one and more or less for "work" for the new job. Did a lot of research, etc.

Now, I have no idea when you posted this but I still haven't gotten a phone call from you. Perhaps I need to call Uncle Alexis and find your whereabouts. My internet access is limited these days.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Stop stealing my clothes every time you visit. (Well, you ARE the only one who can fit into them....)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home