Showtune . . . onstage & off

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

MOVIN' ON UP . . .


Well, the date is getting closer and closer. Yes, it's true . . . I am leaving Miami Beach! After nearly three years (August), I have purchased (well, I'm in the process of) a condo in beautiful Lighthouse Point (http://www.lighthousepoint.com). Lighthouse Point is approximately nine miles north of Fort Lauderdale, in Broward County. It's a two bedroom, two bathroom unit in a 216 unit complex. I'm on the first floor of three in one of six buildings. It's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to move!

The following is a letter of reference to the condominium association written by a dear friend and colleague:

I am writing this letter on behalf of (Showtune), who is in the process of purchasing an apartment in (your complex). I have known (Showtune) both personally and professionally for several years. (Showtune) is a dedicated and talented educator who is very well respected in his field. (. . . Showtune) and I have worked together on many educational projects where he never fails to impress me with his creativity and knowledge of our industry.

(Showtune) is also a busy gay man and you can expect to see lots of cute guys hanging around the pool once (Showtune) moves in. (Showtune) is very excited about purchasing this condominium and I am sure that he will be as good a neighbor as he is a teacher and friend to me. Anyone would be lucky to have (Showtune) live nearby, especially if you are a very cute gay man!

If you have any additional questions, please call me at my office at . . .

Obviously, this wasn't the real letter sent, but she had a wonderful laugh at my expense, watching my eyes bulge while reading this.

I am so excited to get away from the pitfalls of South Beach . . . lack of parking, non-stop 24/7 Spring Break atmosphere, who hasn't had their cologen injections recently, who has better implants, etc. The biggest downfall though is that I fear I will lose my mayorial status at The Palace! Ah well

More to come . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Broward County? (for real?) Of course it could be worse, you could be moving to the Panhandle! (aka Shrub-country)

3:06 AM  
Blogger Showtune said...

Ouch! We can't all be European jet-setters, can we?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

How lovely. How many guest bedrooms do you have?

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, add another fellow freind leaving to the United States.

At least your within distance. Open the wine...

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse my misspelling of the word friend....I'm still reeling from last nights anniv. festivities at TWIST. Hmm, oh my god...where will I crash???????

8:05 PM  
Blogger Showtune said...

So when did "A" decide to become "Anonymous"? By the way, "your" should be "you're". ;) And will that be red or white?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Showtune said...

One more thing Anonymous . . . I thought you had a Broward crash spot? Did that fizzle?

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home