Showtune . . . onstage & off

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Aaaaaaaaaah, the pressure!


For fear of being outcast by Mrs. Astor, I am updating this silly blog. I'm not sure why our darling of society is instilling her wrath upon us mere peasants who work in the fields all day and have such little to say (at least of any value); however, she has, so to keep my status, I have posted a photo and a composition! So lay off! :)

This photo is from a few weeks ago at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on the opening night of the national tour of CHICAGO. Of course, in the best of taste, I took my Broadway Bitch . . . er, I mean . . . Broadway Baby! Who's cuter? (at least one has the sense to drink!)

In general, things are in a rather interesting state of flux right now. I am pro-actively searching for a new venture for work. The pros of loving my job have finally been outweighed by the cons of . . . well, to keep myself employed for the time being . . . a supervisor of great . . . something to remain unsaid. So, I am on the path of searching for better employment.

This time of year is a bit crazy . . . end of season hubbub and some travel here & there. I feel a lack of breathing.

Today is a lugubrious day in South Florida. Last night saw thunderstorms and although we need the rain, I am not ready to be awakened in the middle of the night by lighting outside my window. There are SO many other ways I can think of to wake me out of a sound sleep . . .

Many things swirling through my pea-brained head, but for those . . . well, you must drink with me at the Palace! :)

Keep singin' & smilin' . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Matt, You are the cutest by far!!
Chicago is a fun musical and very popular. Our local theater, The North Shore Music Theater, in Beverly, MA, took Damn Yankees and converted it to a Red Sox theme. Instant Hit in Red Sox Nation!

Now that Mrs. A has cracked the whip and got an update, keep us posted on what you are up to (besides the Palace bar!!!)

xxxooo

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The broadway bitch agrees with the Countess. You are the cutest by far!!! Miss ya May... Get your butt back to Miami...

We need to open a couple of bottles of red very soon...

Andrew.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!

FINALLY - look at that handsome guy!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

You are the fairest of them all.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

the miracle happened!

you updated!!! but....with a pic of Andy??(jealosy rage here)

is this somme kind of revenge for not having pictures of you in my blog???(not my fault you were never there when the cameras arrived!)
Love
Ian
ps. would you answer my Q´s abouut the link I sent u?
thanks!
Andy is such a heart!, miss you guys!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home