Showtune . . . onstage & off

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Aint Life Ducky?



This past weekend, along with my friend, Erin, from NYC, I went to Orlando. I saw a former student's first college production (ROCKY HORRORY SHOW). After the show and before dinner, Erin and I visited the Peabody Hotel. For those who are unfamiliar, the Peabody Hotel(s) have ducks in them. Yes, real, live ducks who live there, are marched out to the lobby fountain in the morning and back again in the afternoon, complete with red carpet and a John Phillip Sousa march! It is quite a site to behold.

BUT, NOBODY HAS JOB SECURITY! Not even the ducks! There they are, living the high life at the Peabody, only to one day in the future be returned to the wild. (That's why the ducks are not "named", but rather, simply "tagged" at the foot. They too lose their cushy job and must fend for themselves again one day (which to me seems more cruel than keeping them in a luxurious state of captivity). Ah well . . .

I have a video clip too but can't figure out how to attach that. Damn technology!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

You saw the Florida Ducks and I met the Memphis ones - although your photos are prettier. I need to invest in a nice SMALL camera so my ducks some day look as good as yours.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home