Showtune . . . onstage & off

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Republican?!?!


I can't believe I'm even thinking of this, but I am. And very seriously too . . .

Last night, Rudy Giulianni announced on Larry King Live that he was indeed in the running for the presidency in 2008. I have been a huge Rudy supporter since I lived in NYC. Is the man perfect? No. But I believe he is an excellent leader and would do well to steer this country in the right direction. I've said for a number of years now, if he ran, no matter what party I was affiliated with (I am not affiliated with any party now) I would vote for him.

Florida is a closed primary state, meaning that you must be a member of a political party to vote in the primary elections. Well, I am seriously contemplating registering as a Republican so that I can vote for Rudy in the primaries, helping him gain the party's nomination. I never thought this day would come, but it seems like the best reason to become a Republican.

Obviously, I'll rescind that and go back to no party affiliation immediately following the primaries!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

I would only say do some research outside of him standing on rubble and being a leader our current president wasn't in 2001. His ways and ideas across the board aren't as lovely as some might think in many arenas.

There is a review of a documentary on the NYTimes site that is much more critical and less media blitz on him.

Vote with your heart - just follow all the bread crumbs

love you

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/12/movies/12rudy.html?ex=1302494400&en=28d238a24a5cc102&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

4:20 PM  
Blogger Chele said...

And why wasn't it you who called???? I like the drunk dials from Matty! Nope it was a pal in Denver, an ex, and Leslie calling from NYC where I wasn't. Is it odd to be conversing over our blogs like this? I think it might be.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

The key to Mr. G. is whether we see him quickly swing toward the religious right (the power behind the national wing of Republicans). If he doesn't and stays true to his ideals, than he can be the man for all of us. But, I have a funny feeling he is going to pull a McCain.

4:54 AM  
Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

....(good grief!) A Republican?! I am going to take two aspirin and go back to bed, trusting the world will be back to normal tomorrow...

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rudy is not a bad candidate so I don't have a problem. Anyways, you should do what you want to do and not what people want you to do. But I understand the explanation because who would want to be a republican anyways?

Party should not be an issue. Just remember to vote for the best candidate come Election Day 2008.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home