Showtune . . . onstage & off

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I can hear the bells . . .


The days are limited . . . Thursday, Mrs. Astor's betrothed arrives from Buenos Aires and a bachelor/welcome party shall ensue at the Palace. Sure to be a fabulous time . . . I just hope I can find a beautiful gown to wear . . . my simple frocks just aren't appropriate for such a grand occassion!

I am just tickled pink to see Mrs. Astor so happy! I will openly admit that I was one of the ones who raised an eyebrow (properly tweased and formed, of course!) early on. Mrs. A. is giddy with delight, but I sense a nervousness to this whole arrival and the subsequent festivities. It's true that the two have yet to meet in person and yesterday, Mrs. A. made a comment to me along the lines of, 'what if he decides he doesn't like what he sees?' My reply, which I firmly believe is that throught the year-plus courtship and relationship these two have had online, they seem to have really gotten to know each other as people and know their souls. After all, isn't that what it's really about? I can't imagine that a face to face would alter the bond that these two have.

So, on this weekend of wine and food festivities, I raise a flute high in the air and say congratulations to Mrs. Astor. Wishing you nothing but the very best!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

oh, you have no idea of hoe many times i told Astor that even if he had tentacles behind his shirt i would look at them and say
HOW CUTEEEEEEEE

He owns my heart now, there is no place for doubts or insecurities, not anymore...too sad he still donĀ“t get that straight

(if there is still a chance to get something "straight" from us...)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Showtune said...

Ha. LOL. He'll be fine. Just those pesky little "pre-wedding jitters". :) We area all so looking forward to meeting you!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Awww. Thanks, Matt; when do you plan to hit on him? :-)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Showtune said...

well, after it was SO ADAMENTLY told to me that he's NOT Latin, I've moved on! ;)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home